When you hear the word “wedding vows,” what comes to mind? For many people, the word “vows” brings to mind the traditional vows that are often said at Christian weddings.
“I, ___, take you, ___, to be my wedded husband/wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part, according to God’s holy ordinance; and thereto I plight thee my troth.”
While these vows are beautiful and have been used for centuries, there are also many other Christian wedding vows that can be used to express the deep love and commitment that you have for your spouse.
Here are 10 Christian wedding vows that will make you believe in love:
1. “I promise to love you unconditionally, to support you in your dreams and aspirations, and to be your partner in everything life throws our way.”
2. “I vow to always be honest with you, to communicate openly and effectively, and to never go to bed angry.”
3. “I promise to be your faithful partner, to laugh with you and cry with you, and to love you through everything life has in store for us.”
4. “I vow to always be there for you, to be your shoulder to cry on and your sounding board when you need to talk.”
5. “I promise to love and cherish you for the rest of our days, to always be your biggest fan and to never take you for granted.”
6. “I vow to never stop trying to make our relationship better, to always be willing to work on our issues, and to never give up on us.”
7. “I promise to always be your friend, to always be there for you, and to never forget the reasons why I fell in love with you in the first place.”
8. “I vow to always be honest with you, to never keep secrets from you, and to always be open and transparent in our relationship.”
9. “I promise to love and cherish you forever, to always be there for you, and to never take you for granted.”
10. “I vow to never stop trying to make our relationship better, to never give up on us, and to always be willing to work on our issues.”